Vulkollan® and other polyurethanes for extreme applications
Perfecting Performance by EXSTO
Bars, rods and sleeves in Vulkollan®
EXSTO Italia produces the following semi-finished items in Vulkollan ®:
– Round rods from Ø 14.7 mm to 160 mm
– Perforated sleeves, hollow rods in sizes from 21.6 mm to 160 mm.
As well as the sizes indicated in the file attached above, we also produce round bars and perforated sleeves in Vulkollan ® in larger sizes at the request of the client up to a maximum weight of 40 kg per piece.
The round bars or rods in Vulkollan ® are normally held in stock in a hardness of 92 Sh°A, while the other hardnesses are produced upon request by the client.
Rods, bars and sleeves in urethane can be used as bumpers and spacers, as strengtheners for thin metal cores, as suspension mounts, sound dampeners, and for many other uses in all industries.
Why choosing Vulkollan ® for your bars and sleeves?
Vulkollan ® is a polyurethane with exceptional mechanical properties and, for certain applications, still unmatched.
Semi-processed items in Vulkollan ® are employed to obtain a wide range of final products or components, which must resist to extreme mechanical stress.
Semi-processed items in Vulkollan ®, such as bars, sleeves and sheets, can be further machined: examples are die-cutting, water-jet cut, shaping by lathe, milling, grinding, etc..
By machining the Vulkollan parts, we can obtain complex shapes, even in small quantities, without building a dedicated mold.
What are the advantages of semi-processed items in Vulkollan ®, compared to rubber or thermoplastics products?
- High rebound resilience
- Suitable for high dynamic stress
- Extreme resistance at tear, wear and abrasion
- Excellent mechanical wear resistance
- Very good resistance to abrasion
- Remarkable elasticity over the complete hardness range
- Good tear propagation resistance
- High self-damping
- Low compression set
- Good resistance to weather and aging
- Good resistance to many oils, fats, petrols, and different solvents
Have also a look to our round and hollow rods and sleeves in polyurethane on this link.
Are you interested in this product?